We are now offering Open Access Colonoscopy for screening colonoscopies at the Center for Health and Cancer Prevention without prior office consultation. Our goal is to make colon cancer screening easier and more convenient. This also offers a fast-tracked approach to scheduling and allows patients that qualify the opportunity to bypass a preop consultation with one of our physician assistants. Patients are invited to proceed with Open Access Colonoscopy if you meet the following criteria:
- Colonoscopy is for ROUTINE Screening, a personal history of polyps or colon cancer, or a family history of colon cancer or polyps.
- You have NO active symptoms (abdominal pain, changes in bowel habits, or major bleeding).
- You do not have any severe pulmonary, neurologic, or cardiac disease.
- You are not on any blood thinners or anti-platelet drugs.
If you have any bleeding, abdominal pain, or gastrointestinal symptoms, are on blood thinners such as Plavix, Eliquis, or other antiplatelet medications, or if you would like to consult with our physician assistants for any active gastrointestinal problems or discussions, please call our office at 757-412-4919 to schedule an office visit.
If you believe Open Access Colonoscopy is the right option for you, please complete the following items:
- Review and complete the Patient Letter Packet
- Review and complete the Health History Form
- Contact your primary care physician and have them fax a copy of your most recent visit with them to our office at 757-412-4989.
- If you have ever had a colonoscopy or endoscopy outside of our practice, please have them fax the most recent procedure notes to our office at 757-412-4989.
Once we have received the above paperwork, our office will reach out to schedule your procedure with one of our physicians.